Citadel: Signal Tracking is an Assignment in Mass Effect. Citadel: Signal Tracking is about a malfunctioning Quasar machine at the Flux. Assignments are secondary quests in Mass Effect, that are not mandatory to progress the game's story, but provide context and flavor by meeting interesting NPCs of all kind of Races, granting additional experience, and letting the player visit extraordinary and unique planets.
Citadel: Signal Tracking Walkthrough
The signal is bouncing throughout the Citadel, over a series of relays. You can find the locations on your Journal and marked on the map.
- You can find the first one on the Ward Access corridor, past the C-Sec officers, on a panel.
- The second one can be found in Barla Von's office on the Presidium, just behind his desk.
- The end point can be found in the back of the Emporium, on the right, up a small set of stairs.
When you are examining the last one, you strike a conversation with the "thief", which is actually an AI residing in the terminal. When you question it, the AI explains its origins. A thief created a simple AI to help him steal credits from the Quasar machines. But, unknown to the thief, his AI made another AI, the one addressing Commander Shepard, before the thief discovered the apparent malfunction and destroyed his creation.
The surviving AI decided to retaliate against the thief, by falsifying his financial records and got him arrested by the Turians. It continued the credit-funnel operation, intending to get itself installed in a starship, to be able to contact the Geth. Commander Shepard changed the plans the AI had, and now is planning to self-destruct, taking the Commander with it.
Once the conversation ends, you have only a brief window of time to prevent a massive explosion on the Presidium. You have two options to stop it:
- Shoot at the power junction: This will instantly stop the self-destruct attempt by the AI. However, the explosion may hurt the squad. By choosing this solution, you earn no credits.
- Disarm it: You are presented with a puzzle like the one on Therum. You will earn credits based on how fast you solve the puzzle, as credits are being siphoned during the process.
- Pc: The code is randomly generated, save before talking to the AI, and each time you reload the code will be different.
- Playstation: △, ▢, △, X, ▢, X, X.
- Xbox: Y, X, Y, A, X, A, A.
How to unlock Citadel: Signal Tracking
- You can inspect a Quasar machine labeled "suspicious gambling machine" at the back of Flux. One of your team members will comments that someone has rigged the machine to funnel credits to a private account. You can track the signal.
Enemies found on Citadel: Signal Tracking
Citadel: Signal Tracking Rewards
- Experience Points
Citadel: Signal Tracking Notes & Tips
- Notes & tips go here