Virmire: Saren's Plan is a Mission in Mass Effect. Virmire: Saren's Plan is the starting Mission of the planet Virmire. Completing Missions in Mass Effect progresses the story forward.
Virmire: Saren's Plan Objectives
Virmire: Saren's Plan Walkthrough
- WARNING!!!! Beginning this Mission is a turning point in the game. Once you land, you won't be able to leave Virmire or attend to other matters. You will have to see the whole mission chain to its end. So plan accordingly and complete whatever you have left BEFORE starting this Mission.
- There are all types of Geth on Virmire, most of them you will fight them in an outdoor environment with the Mako available.
- As was stated before, killing Geth on foot rewards you additional experience points.
- Garrus and Ashley Williams are excellent members to add to the squad because of their Sniper Rifle training. Tali can also be an interesting choice because of her Hacking ability.
- Weapons mods, such as Tungsten Rounds, are also incredibly useful.
Dropping off on Virmire
- When the Normandy's approaching Virmire, Joker picks up the signal from the Salarian Special Tasks Group team. Kaidan Alenko comments on the massive defense towers that surround Saren's base. After a small conversation with between Joker and Commander Shepard, the Mako is dropped off.
- Get into the Mako and set off. Be careful near the ocean's edge, the Mako can drive over the rocks and fall off ending the Mission on a failure.
- Around the second corner you will find your first Enemies, Geth Rocket Drones and Geth Assault Drones. Because of their maneuverability, these are harder to take out from the Mako than on foot, so exit the vehicle and take them down. Keep moving forward, to face another group of Geth Drones.
- On the right, a bit further in, you will find some Geth Rocket Troopers. Try to take them fast, because those rockets do a lot of damage. While on a bank to the left, there are 10 Geth Shields and a group of Geth consisting of Rocket Troopers, Geth Shock Troopers and Geth Troopers. Some of them will be hiding behind rocks. Once they are all gone, head around the next corner, and you will see a structure on the distance.
- As you get close to the first gatehouse, you will come under Geth's fire. On the outside, Geth Rocket Troopers, Geth Troopers, Geth Shock Troopers and Geth Snipers will be waiting for you. As always, you can take them out from inside the Mako or on foot, your choice. Remember that on foot killing yields more experience.
- When the battle is over, head to the stairs on the left. On the top, more Enemies will be waiting for you. Geth Troopers and a Geth Destroyer, coming up from the right. Dispose of them. You will find more Enemies in the far room. This time you face some Geth Hoppers. a Geth Sniper and a dangerous Geth Ghost. There is a Weapons locker to loot, and a crate near the stairs. Once the first gatehouse is clean, head to the Mako to head to the second one.
- Once you get near the next corner you will be greeted by a Geth Colossus. After defeating it, at a T-junction you come under fire from both sides from three Geth Armatures. Your best option is to face the one on the left first, as it is by itself, and once you've taken care of it, face the ones on the right.
- As the path get more and more narrow, move through it to find a Geth Colossus on the other side. Destroy it and move around the corner. On your left, you will find another Geth Colossus, however this one is optional, and you can decide to ignore it and keep moving towards the second gatehouse.
- The second gatehouse is almost identical to the first one, except the stairs are on the right this time. On the ground, you will be met by Geth Troopers, Geth Shock Troopers and Geth Rocket Troopers. Defeat them and go up the stairs.
- Up there you will find Geth Troopers, Geth Shock Troopers and Geth Destroyers. There is a crate near a center wall, and head to the control room. Inside the control room there are a few Geth Hoppers.
- After the fight with the Geth Hoppers, you will find two important things to do, in this particular order:
- Deactivate the AA tower
- Raise the gates
- Joker communicates via intercom and states that he is approaching the Salarian camp, so go back to the Mako. Before leaving, don't forget to loot a Weapons locker there.
- As you round the corner, you encounter the third and last gatehouse. This is the final line of defense before the Salarian camp. The layout of this gatehouse is almost identical to the other two, deal with the group of Enemies outside, go to the upper level and deal with more Enemies there.
- You won't find Geth on the control room, so hack the Weapons locker, raise the gates and get back in the Mako.
- You can head safely to the Salarian camp, as there are no more Enemies.
The Salarian Camp
- When you arrive at the camp, you are treated to a cutscene where you see Ashley Williams and Kaidan Alenko arguing with the Salarian captain. As you arrive, the Salarian introduces himself as Captain Kirrahe, 3rd Infiltration Regiment, Special Tasks Groups. He was arguing because he needs more time to come up with a plan to take on Saren, he asks Commander Shepard if he is all the Council sent to deal with the rogue spectre.
- You can learn from Captain Kirrahe about the base's defenses and also points out that Saren is breeding an army of Krogan. If Wrex is in your team, he enters the conversation and asks about how is that possible. Captain Kirrahe enfatically states that Saren has found a cure for the genophage and it needs to be destroyed. This annoys Wrex, who faces Captain Kirrahe about it. The Salarian states that the Krogan were a mistake. The situation gets more tense until Capitain Kirrahe requests that you resolve the issue with Wrex while he develops an assault plan.
- For more information check Virmire: Wrex and the Genophage.
- You can explore the camp once you regained control. Almost every Npc in the area, has dialogue lines you can explore and may change depending on how you dealt with Wrex. You can find a codex entry from the Communications Relay in the tent nearest to Saren's base.
In the long tent beside it resides Captain Kirrahe. You must talk to him to progress the story. If you dealt with Wrex or if he was never in your party, speak to the Captain to move the story forward if you are ready
- The tent at the other side, has Commander Rentola, the second-in command and supply officer. Behind him, there's a Medical Station, that requires Decryption. Although he doesn't have a lot of items to buy, you can sell him any unnecessary gear before heading out. It is imperative you do so, because a long section is coming up and you don't want to end up at your inventory limit.
- Once you are done exploring the camp, talk to Captain Kirrahe. He tells you about his plan. His idea is to divide his men into three teams, and strike the front of the facility, while Commander Shepard sneaks around back, with a smaller unit. He asks Commander Shepard a huge favor. He needs one member of Commander Shepard's squad for the assault. You can send whomever you want, but remember that that member will be UNAVAILABLE as a squadmate for the rest of the assault on Virmire.
- Captain Kirrahe gives a speech to his men and wishes both teams good luck. When the squad selection comes up, you are getting on the next part of the mission.
How to unlock Virmire: Saren's Plan
- To unlock Virmire: Saren's Plan you have to complete at least two of the three main plot worlds. These are Therum, Noveria or Feros.
Virmire: Saren's Plan Rewards
Enemies found on Virmire: Saren's Plan
Virmire: Saren's Plan Notes & Tips
- Notes & tips go here
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!